Wild Turkey Tour Pictures

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

During our tour the column still was being moved from the old building to a new, safer structure. During our visit you can see the still with the building going up around it. This may be the only time you ever see a column still in its entirety.

post-134-14489811625454_thumb.jpg

Jimmy talking about bourbon; Tonya LeNell with a notepad; she took a lot of notes....possibly going to start her own still smile.gif

post-334-14489811626218_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics. We forgot out digital, but picked up a disposable that hasn't gotten developed yet. I want one of those Rocking Turkeys!

Everyone was raggin' me about taking notes. OK, OK, I know I'm a nerd. We told Jimmy I was getting ready to start up a Brooklyn Bourbon. bs.giflol.gif Seriously, though, I just can't remember all those great little details that make a good story when I get back so I have to write them down. I spend a lot of time with customers who love hearing these little details when I'm leading tastings or introducing them to a new bottle they haven't tried.

Here's a sampling of the pix I got during the wonderful tour at Wild Turkey. This is the old distillery building, I believe Jimmy Russel said its the oldest at WT. It's going to be torn down soon.

post-70-14489811658625_thumb.jpg

That Jimmy Russell attended our gazebo party because Bob invited him. Bob asked me if he should, I said he won't come if you don't ... Bob asked ... Jimmy showed up.

Pretty cool huh? Thanks Bob.

Bob,

I heard numerous comments that it was the best white dog that people had ever tasted.

I thought so...

This is such a great shot! I was having the best luck here. If you look at the doorway beside me, you will see an arm. It belongs to the gentleman that was passing out the whitedog. As we listened to Mr. Russell, I looked over, tipped my cup, and told him how clean it tasted. As it turned out, that was Curtis Smoots, the gentleman that has been making Mr. Russell's whitedog for 20+ years.

Geez, did that man know his stuff!!! And a good guy too!

What a great tour Omar put together for us. Given by no less than Jimmy Russell himself! Thanks Omar!

Bj

• 2 weeks later...

Dane,

Oh Buddy! What a great shot! Thank you so much.

Could I get the higher resolution version of that shot, so I can print it?

If you don't mind, I'll pm you with my email address.

Thanks!

Yeah, I asked Ben if we could fit one in the truck to take home, and he looked at me like I was insane. lol.gif I couldn't get anyone to give me info at the gift shop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.