Hey Jeff, NIce Brews

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey Jeff,

Just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful afternoon snack on Saturday. We shared a couple of bottles of Jeff's IPA, briskly hopped with Centennial hops, I believe, and perfect for a warm day. The Stout was good too. A little atypical for the style, but went well with cheese, crackers, olives and fresh tomatoes. SWEET!!!!

toast.gif

I may be the only middle-aged non-beer-drinker extant, but nonetheless enjoyed my taste of your IPA, too. Whether you wish to consider that a ringing, or (hand-)wringing, endorsement is up to you.

Thanks Ed and everyone, I appreciate the kind words laugh.gif

Homebrewing is a relatively new hobbie for me, but I am enjoying it immensly. Unexpectedly, I have learned a lot about the bourbon making process from it, especially in the all-grain brewing. I wish I had brought more, as it went early in the evening. I was hoping to try some of Bob's homebrew, was it there?

I have found that the key to people enjoying my homebrew is waiting until they've had few rounds before bringing them out lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...

To All,

I think we should hold a Pub Crawl/Homebrew event at the Sampler in the spring.

We'd have to a get a van/driver.

Bluegrass Brewing Company, Rich-O's Public House, Kentucky Ale......

toast.gif

I'm in for a pub crawl, maybe the night before the sampler? Now where did I store my crawlwear? smilielol.gif

Bob,

Yes, I read the review and shared some of the info with Matt, from Kenucky Ale, last night at Pazzo's. It was Oktoberfest and the Spaten was flowing. Ed, The Patty, Jeff, Leslie and some other beer folk were there.

Matt says there may be some new products coming. They've expanded into a new market, South Dakota. (?????)

Looking forward to what Chris Byrd might come up with. They didn't have the Bourbon Barrel on tap last night but did have Trois Pistoles. Nice!!

Purchased a newly patented device, the Sudscreen, a drink coozy for pints. Its made of neoprene with a velcro closure. Keeps those pints cool (or warm) in the pub.

Ed toast.gif

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but after a little persistence, I got him to tell me that they are currently using Woodford Reserve barrels for their ale. Tucker said that they have a keg waiting to hook up just as soon as they empty something else.

the Sudscreen, a drink coozy for pints

I've had a prototype for a couple months and love it, it really keeps the beer cold longer as well as protects it from light on sunny days. I can't believe nobody thought of that before now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.