Hey Bob, How was the Bourbon Barrel KY Ale?

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bob and I ran into the brewer and marketing snoyd from Kentucky Ale on Thursday. They agreed to hook up Bob with a growler of the BB KY Ale. As of Saturday, it was still MIA, but I think Bob finally acquired it. Did it arrive in NY with carbonation left? What did you think?

drink.gif

Yeah, I'm really interested to hear Bob's thoughts too. I want to taste that stuff myself. Guess I'm just going to have to stop by the Brewery, huh? Maybe we could do this when Keeneland opens?

Bj

Mr. Ed,

Following the barrel rolling contest, Nancy and I made a bee-line to the Kentucky Ale tent, and saw Matt and Dave (?) there. And yes, they had the growler there waiting for me. cool.gif They told me a bit about it, which increased my interest in tasting one of my favorite beverages, after being aged our wonderful bourbon barrels. So, Saturday night, after driving only slightly past Charleston, WV, I had myself a nice glass of this unique ale. Actually, I called Cliff, and spoke on the speakerphone with the gazebo crowd as I was savoring the brew. Cliff reminded me that you were at the Gala, but I asked him to let you know that I was really enjoying the beer. I only wish that I had more of it! Anyway, I thought the flavors were nicely integrated, it was not a hoppy beer, but had a nice creaminess, with some vanilla flavors, some oak aroma and overall was very enjoyable. I brought the remainder of the growler home, and upon arrival Sunday evening, I thought I'd have a glass or 2, but wondered if there'd be any carbonation left. Well, maybe it was the heat of the car, but when I opened it up at home, there was more carbonation then when I initially opened the growler. So, if you would please relay to the guys at Kentucky Ale, that I appreciated the fact that they brought the growler to the Festival for me, and that I enjoyed it a lot. The only other thing I'd ask is for you to bring another one or two to NY on your next visit! toast.gif I'd post a picture of the growler included in the bottle collection thread, but thus far, there doesn't seem to be much interest in that. Maybe they look better in person.

Bob

Ed,

I just opened a bottle of the Kentucky Ale, and although I find it to be a very basic beer, it's a good one. Not much complexity, but it is smooth and easy going. The Bourbon Barrel Ale had more interesting flavors and aromas, thanks to some time in a barrel. However, this one ain't bad! drink.gif

Bob

Keeneland, Brewery, Dinner.

Sounds like a day.

Let's say Friday October 15th.

Or should we opt for Saturday the 16th?

I know the brewery is open for sampling on weekdays.

Ed's World, Party Time, Excelent, Twang, Twang, Twang.

toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.