JACK DANIEL'S: LEMONADE NEXT?

NeoTexan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

chuck,

I'm sorry, its a double secret society and divulging ambassador information would subject an ambassador to drinking only MM, a punishment worse than death.

Actually, MM ambassadorship is a marketing pyramid scheme, in which ambassadors nominate other ambassadors, who nominate other ambassadors ad nauseum. You can get to the website via www.makersmark.com.

Ed

Yeah, and we get to wear big, fuzzy horned hats to the secret meetings,

"Ack ack a dack, dack dack a ack"

And I saved $10 on tickets to WhiskyFest; plus a nice set of aromatic coasters/jar openers.

The coasters give off an odor??? Just when you place a drink on them, or all the time?

Actually, MM ambassadorship is a marketing pyramid scheme, in which ambassadors nominate other ambassadors, who nominate other ambassadors ad nauseum.

I must be low man on the totem pole then, because I never even received that Ambassador letter. shocked.gif

The coasters give off an odor??? Just when you place a drink on them, or all the time?

Only when I place my Baltimore Colts rolypoly (courtesy of Shell Oil Co. ) upon them. It's the Irsay effect.

I used to find the taste of JB black very similar to Booker's when you adjust for proof.

Aren't they the same? I thought it was all the same barrels, but bookers was raw. They still taste identical IMO.

Actually, MM ambassadorship is a marketing pyramid scheme, in which ambassadors nominate other ambassadors, who nominate other ambassadors ad nauseum.

I guess I got in easy -- I just filled out the little card handed out at the end of the tour.

toast.gif

I just filled out the little card handed out at the end of the tour

I hope you read the fine print very closely. I believe you owe me a kidney shocked.gif

I hope you read the fine print very closely. I believe you owe me a kidney shocked.gif

Ever heard of IGA nephropathy, aka Berger's Disease. I've got it (In other words, Jeff, you don't want my kidney!).

For the record, my colon is already removed, and a coronary artery stented. Fine print or no, you're better off leaving me alonedeadhorse.gif.

toast.gif

wear big, fuzzy horned hats to the secret meetings

As long as those hats have been dipped in red wax... smirk.gif

I got a "personal" reply to my web complaint, from Mr. Motlow, master distiller at JD. Patty also got one to her message. Each of the personal replies had the same content only the paragraphs were mixed up, so it looked like different content. I bet you didn't know this, but worldwide, JD drinkers usually mix their whiskey with water or some other mixer, so that means they WANT IT at lower proof. REALLY. I believe it. Lem said so. Its not about money. REALLY. I believe it. They even made it darker, so even though its more dilute, it looks the same as before. REALLY. I believe it. They even claim to be using older whiskey to insure the flavor is the same. REALLY.........

OK, NOT REALLY. I don't believe it a bit.

horseshit.gif

They even made it darker, so even though its more dilute, it looks the same as before.

Artificial color?

I've heard Jack adds color. If it were bourbon you couldn't do that.

If that's true, why was it so hard to figure out why JD doesn't have to call itself "bourbon"??? This seems like an obvious deviation from the 'rules' to me! Who cares if the filtration step is additive or not? If they're adding color there's the answer.

But there is a plausible, alternative explanation for why the color is as dark as before the proof change: the product is older than before. This would explain the continued good color and (as some people have perceived) sweeter taste. If I have it right, this is what distiller Motlow told a poster inquiring about the proof change. Indeed the latest bottles of Jack seem to me somewhat sweeter, and smokier, than before. This is consistent with the assertion that older stocks are being used.

However you cut it, I find the current JD Black very good at 80 proof; in fact, JD Black is better than ever, in my opinion.

Gary

I just got back from my annual dove hunt near Cotulla, Texas on the Cochina Ranch. Several people on the hunt had heard of this 86 vs 80 proof brewhaha from their local papers. Guess what?....they had several 1.75's of the old proof...I told them they might have collector's items.....they poured them just the same. How about them Astros's?

Randy

What Astros? Oh, those Astros. Wish we could watch the NLCS series together Randy, but I promise you, whichever team wins, I will toast them with a pour from the Randy Blank Edition Lot B and a cold frosty Budweiser. NL Central all the way. toast.gif

The opening page to Jim Beam website plays on the Jack "deproofing".

post-346-1448981172776_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.