Warehouse on Old Frankfort Pike

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I noticed while doing some work on Old Frankfort Pike in Lexington, that there is a building that looks a lot like a distillery warehouse. Its located between Forbes Road and Jefferson Street, if you are going away from downtown its on the left about a half mile or so away from Rupp Arena. For anyone that knows this sort of thing, did this building formerly hold whiskey? If so, was there once an entire distillery there? It also has a water tower right next to it that looks like ones located at several distilleries.

• 7 months later...

I think I may have found the answer to my question. The L&G National Historic Landmark Nomination form that I posted in another thread made mention to the Henry Clay Distillery on Old Frankfort Pike in Lexington. I guess thats the best answer so far.

• 10 months later...

Found this in an article talking about new condos and redevelopment in Lexington. Manchester Street is Old Frankfort Pike. And its intersection with Pine Street is right by the subject warehouse.

"Still in its conceptual stage is a plan by owners Barry and Lynn McNees to convert a former warehouse and the historic Old Tarr Distillery at the corner of Manchester and Pine, a key intersection along the planned Town Branch Trail. Working with architect Clive Pohl, the McNeeses envision perhaps a restaurant row, an upscale grocery, and/or a variation on a farmers market within the 100,000 square feet of space. “But we welcome ideas,†said McNees. “We’re at a point right now where we’re really just seeking some good input from other better and brighter people who might have some visions for what could work.â€

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.