Beam's Trophy 86 proof 100 months

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cliff, aka Barrel_Proof, stopped by last weekend while in Seattle for Seahawks game. The Hawks walloped the 49ers; mentioning the score might get this post banned grin.gif

He brought and left for me a Woodpecker decanter bottle of Beam's Trophy 86 proof 100 months old KSB. We opened it up and were pleasantly surprised. It easily compares with today's Jim Beam Black or Knob Creek. To me, a little sweeter than those but along same profile.

The bottle has a State of Utah tax seal and with a 1969 date on bottom of bottle. It would be interesting to taste side by side with one of those Chess pieces.

We had a great evening; also managing to sample some Deschutes brewery micro beers as well as Binny's 18YO single cask Van Winkle bottling.

post-334-14489811683592_thumb.jpg

Woodpecker?

Looks like a penguin to me.

stickpoke.gif

Just Kidding. I thought my Old Crow in the Old Crow was a penguin when I bought it.

crazy.gif

Interesting. I have a "Harry Hoffman" general store decanter labeled Beam 100 months old, too -- also marked 1969 on the bottom. No one around here to appreciate it with, so may be an offering at the Sampler or Gazebo next year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.