marketing hype - Wild Turkey

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

With the marketing news of JD lowering proof to 80, I thought I point out another marketing PR stunt. I picked up my allotment of Wild Turkey Tribute today. Reading the flyer inside wooden container it states "Produced in a very limited quantity of 5,500 bottles and available only in the United States".

Yet, those on the WT tour during festival saw the Tribute that was going to Japan. It was being bottled in Kentucky Spirit bottles. I guess from a marketing PR stance, a different bottle makes it a different product bs.gif

At the same time, I'm grateful they released any bottles to the US bowdown.gif

True, but we have to cut some slack to the sales and marketing guys. Without marketing, there would be no whiskey sold nationally or in many regions. Whiskey won't sell only on the strength of marketing either, the quality has to be there (by and large) but good salesmanship can grow share, and that's good. All businesspeople know you have to sell the sizzle with the steak.

We here know the score, we can roll with it, raise one for the drummers. smile.gif

Gary

P.S. My Dad was a salesman.

I agree that as consumers we should give them a little latitude, but I'd ask that they at least don't flat out LIE while they're using the words like "integrity" to promote their products (not singling out WT here).

bs.gif

Well, here's the bottle. I believe WT said this was about 110 proof. So it is not an identical product

post-490-14489811684088_thumb.jpg

Hey, the bottles I've seen (in photo only) are the same packaging as Freedom (in a Tube). What is the correct current release bottle? These "Spirit" type bottles must have been and experiment. ??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.