Spirit of Kentucky, Magazine...

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Kentucky Standard publishes a special insert in their newspaper right before the Kentucky Bourbon Festival. It's sort of like a guide to what is going on that week. Loaded with lots of information.

This one is really special. The front page is a remembrance of Booker Noe (pg.16). There is more about him inside this issue.

Here is the link to it. Spirit

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

We had a copy of this insert in our rooms at the General Nelson during Bourbon Fest and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It was a nice addition along with the two 50ml Beam White Label bottles and the bags of potato chips. It really set the mood for the whole festival for me after a long drive followed by the Nest tour and your shindig. Just another way that Bobbie and her staff make our stay there special.

two 50ml Beam White Label bottles

You obviously didn't spring for the deluxe room. If you had, you would not have gotten two JB white labels, you would have gotten 1 JB white and 1 Ten High, like me smilielol.gif

Look on page 8. That photograph was taken at the Getz Museum, the last room past the office on the right. Note the sign above the bar. It's a grin.gifgrin.gif Old Trump advertisement. M.C. Beam & Co. Nelson County Whiskey, Gethsemane Ky., Reg. Dis. No 405 5th District grin.gifgrin.gif

M. C. Beam is Minor Case Beam. Minor, was brother to my great-grandfather Joseph L. Beam. He let my Great-grandfather run the distillery entirely by himself at the ripe age of 19 years old grin.gif Of course, he already had five years training under his belt working for his Uncle Jack Beam grin.gif (Early Times) grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.