Celis White, Blanche de Brooklyn and Brooklyner Weisse

Bob
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had the opportunity to taste all 3 of these great beers side by side yesterday, along with Nancy, Mark & Stacy. Thanks to Randy, I've got 2 six-packs of the Celis White, which I've noted previously had been my favorite beer of this style. I had not been able to have any of this great beer for a number of years, up until this years Bourbon Festival. In my mind, it was still as good as ever. Due to an earlier post by Gillman, I was inspired to compare the Celis White with the Brooklyner Weisse, and I was lucky enough to find the Blanche de Brooklyn was still available on tap at my local distributor. So enough of this already, here's what we thought...

The Celis White was as good as ever. It was absolutely delicious. It has a very light color and was cloudier than the Blanche, and much lighter in color than the Weisse. It had a sweet & fruity flavors that included lemon notes.

The Blanche de Brooklyn was also very good, with more sweetness, akin to a honey flavor. This beer was very clear, but as light in color as the Celis.

The Brooklyner Weisse is a Bavarian style Wheat beer. It is considerably darker in color than the Belgians and it had sharper flavors than the others, with minimal hop bitterness. It was also very good tasting, with fruity flavors.

The unanimous consensus that of these 3 beers, Celis White was the favorite. Given the styles, we thought that the White and Blanche were very similiar, with a slight edge to the Celis. Everybody enjoyed the Weisse, but we all agreed that it was different enough in style to not be easily compared to the Belgians. That said, since we were comparing all 3 beers, the Celis still came out on top! bowdown.giftoast.gif

Now, all we have to do is get Celis here in NY!

Bob

BOb!

I did enjoy the Celis (thanks again Randy).

But I'll have to compare it to Hoegaarden side by side to declare a winner.

Omar

Hey Bob....I tried the Brooklyner Weisse this evening and its pretty good, but the Celis wins out with more complex,spicy flavors. I have been drinking the Cooperstown beers you brought me and they have all been good. Thanks to Mark and Bob for these great beers. Val has drank the stouts for desert and she likes them, particularly the chocolate stout. Still have about half of hem to get through.

Randy

Randy,

I'm glad you and Val are enjoying them. You have to get up here to try the Blanche de Brooklyn. It is also very good, but not up to the task against the Celis. Thanks again for bringing those. toast.gif

Bob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.