Where do you order from?

2002bolt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For those who order online what sites do you use? How do you like dealing with them? And why do most of them not ship to florida? Most stores around me do not get the "good" bourbons, or different varieties i should say. I would like to try some new stuff, give me some info.

Most retailers don't ship to Florida because it's a felony. See this site for wine shipping laws:

http://www.wineinstitute.org/shipwine/analysis/intro_analysis.htm

and assume liquor shipping won't be any easier. I live in MA and shipping is also prohibited. Hence Binny's, Sam's, and all the rest are infuriatingly out of reach. The Supreme Court, for the term that commenced today, will be considering the legality of wine shipping laws, for wineries shipping directly to consumers, but this may or may not change anything with regard to shipping bourbon.

Sorry this is not good news. On the other hand, I lived in Gainesville, FL for 14 years and you have some compensations.

Well i am not going to mention any names but i have ordered from a certain online store and they shipped to my house.

Gents,

Fortunately I live within an easy half day drive from some of the best liquor stores in the South. That and other stuff makes for a good weekend.

Few years back an acquaintance called me in a panic needing a special '85 vintage champagne from a certain house. Recommended a few purveyors. Bottle was shipped in a plain brown package with a nondescript label. No problems.

Regards,

Squire

I tell you what guys, it's hard for me to get good varities of bourbon here in the UK (apart form the web) but I am glad we don't have those strict drinking/shipping laws you guys do! It must drive you crazy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.