Question for the Bourbon Experts ..

WEG3
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was looking over the listings of NH state bottle shops , and they have a list for Masterpiece Port Finish Bourbon 20 year 20 .... at 199.00 a bottle ,,,, What/Who is it? confused.gif

No details at the site are given ..

Bill g.

The price and finish bring to mind the "Distiller's Masterpiece", which was produced (I believe) by Jim Beam. It was an attempt to cash in on the popularity of "cask finishing" (aging additional time in a different type of barrel - sherry, port, etc) among Scotch (yes, I said it) brands.

I am by no means an expert, so I am probably 100% wrong. I figured I'd throw in my $0.02 anyway.

It is Jim Beam's Distillers Masterpiece or some call it Booker Noe's Distillers Masterpiece. They also made a 18 yr Cognac Cask version of it as well. Both are nice looking bottles, but I have no comment about the taste.

I've had the Distiller's Masterpiece and, you know what, it tastes like Booker's flavored with a little port.

There, think of all the money I just saved you.

Thank You ,..

I got a call from my wife to tell me that my favorite bottle shop call , smile.giflaugh.gif,,,, They have a case of GTS, 04' waiting for me to pick up .

Bill G.

The happiest bourbon drinker in the world ...life at it's best ..family , farm and good bourbon drink.gif

There was some of this floating around the gazebo during the '03 festival and I was fortunate to have a generous taste. I like it, but doubt I'll ever pay for a bottle. It was that drink that kept me sober for most of the night as I nursed it very slowely lol.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.