Wine Enthusiast Mag's First Families of Bourbon

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The November issue of Wine Enthusiast contains an article on the various families associated with the bourbon industry. The article will show up on their website www.winemag.com sometime next month. It focuses on the various families associated with both the making of bourbon and owning the distilleries. As we know, who owned what, when, etc has evolved over time, but F. Paul Pacult seems to get it mostly right based on my limited knowledge. He has an interesting table at the end of the article listing family names on the left column and the various important bourbon's associated with each name on the right column. As we know, the Beam name show's up everywhere. cool.giftoast.gif

Not a bad article considering the source.....and its targeted audience.....wine drinkers.

Randy

Randy,

Patty had the Wine Enthusiast earmarked for me when I got home the other day. I read it and thought, "Cool", but then I realized the article just sort of ended. No mystery, no challenge, no tasting info, no nothin'. I felt like I was hanging. I guess Pacult had a word limit.

You're right. I think he feared that too much depth would have been a distraction for the readership.

frown.gif

I agree Ed....the article is enlightening to an enthusiast....a bourbon enthusiast. But otherwise, what was the purpose of the article? I don't think it would generate interest in the bourbon category from the uninitiated. Maybe a third column containing some tasting notes on the bourbons mentioned would have tied a family name to a distillery/bourbon to a taste/style. That would have generated interesting connections.

Randy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.