Good Bourbon in Boston?

wrbriggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm headed to Boston in a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good liquor stores that have a good bourbon selection.

WrBriggs

I wish i could help you , I live on the south shore but rarely enter Boston ,My guess would be to get a phone book and make a few calls ,you should find one that will likely know enough to help you find that special pour ... Good Luck

bill g.

Greetings all,

Long time lurker, first time poster (since this is a subject I actually know something about...)

My recommendations for the greater Boston area:

Blanchard's, Allston: excellent for Scotch, also a good selection of Bourbon, including some older ones that you don't see too often, e.g., from the Bourbon Heritage Collection, and Distiller's Masterpiece. The last time I was there they still had the Bourbon Heritage Collection miniatures sets for $6 (close out from the distributor) - check behind the front counter. They also had the Jack Daniel's miniatures sets.

(Note: there are several other Blanchard's in the greater Boston area, but they're separately run and don't have as good a selection as the one in Allston.)

Marty's, Newton: probably better for Scotch and wine, but still a decent Bourbon selection, e.g., Pappy Van Winkle's 15 year old at $50. (There's also a Marty's in Allston just down the street from Blanchard's, but I've never been to that one.)

Atlas Liquors, Medford, MA: there are several Atlas Liquors in the greater Boston area but this is the only one I've been to. Not a huge selection, but they sometimes have some things you don't see elsewhere, e.g., Buffalo Trace ($20) and Wathen's ($26ish).

Other possibilities:

Brookline Liquor Mart: great for wine and Scotch, but only so-so for Bourbon.

Martignetti's: a good, mainstream selection.

Lower Falls Wine Company: very small liquor section, but sometimes they have high-end stuff.

Back Bay area: there are some good liquor stores right in downtown, especially for Scotch, but I haven't been to any recently enough to make recommendations in terms of Bourbon.

Table & Vine: if you feel like taking a long detour down through Northampton, Table & Vine has a good selection, e.g., most of the current offerings from Black Maple Hill.

Cheers,

John K.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.