Those &@#^ Wax Tops!

musher
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Gary, my boss is a lawyer! Steve heads up our international division, in addition to serving as corporate counsel. In the old days he had long hair and was a glass blower. His father was in the spirits business for nearly 50 years. So, all in all, lawyers aren't as bad as the rap they usually get!

I must say that the engineer in question, Byron, is one of my favorite people. He comes from Louisiana and grew up on the island that is famous for producing Tabasco Sauce. Byron even told me that used bourbon barrels are used to age the sauce. No wonder I like it so much!!

Ken

Very astute! I just received approval yesterday to use a gold shrink seal similar to the one used on Weller Centennial. As soon as the shrink seals arrive, the gold wax will be gone.

If anyone has a bottle of Elmer T. Lee, bring it by next year during the Bourbon Festival and I will arrange a bottle signing with Elmer.

ken

Thanks, Ken, I think it is true lawyers have been involved in many facets of the spirits business (not just as consumers!), e.g., Chuck told me Tom Bulleit is a lawyer too.

Regarding Tabasco Sauce, no surprise it is aged in bourbon barrels since .. one sauce helps another. smile.gif

Gary

Good choice Ken and speaking as a well aged Tabasco using Attorney I am relieved to hear I might not fall victim to a heart attack and wind up prostrate on the kitchen floor due to wrassling with one of those wax wraps. Can't be without Elmer T.

Regards,

Squire

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.