Maker's Mark Lounge-- etc

kydruggist
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Made my first visit to the new lounge on 4th street the other day. I am very proud that all bourbons are represented, not just Makers. The furnishings are top class and the prices (for the boubon anyway) aren't too over the top. I was prepared for much higher prices, due to it's location. By the way, Falls City Beer is 99 cents, if you are into that! toast.gif Still, I like the Flagship lounge at the Galt House for a good bourbon tasting. There's just something about 30 year old decor that makes the bourbon taste better! Where are your favorite bourbon haunts?

In Louisville I like the bar at the Seelbach Hotel, conveniently located a block from the Maker's Mark Lounge if you want to compare them.

Here in Chicago I like Delilah's. I also like my neighborhood joint, Nick's Uptown, and another nearby neighborhood joint called Jackie's (Jacqueline's, actually). Nick's and Jackie's have pretty good bourbon selections. Delilah's is great.

yes- I neglected to mention the Seelbach. The live jazz on Saturday makes a great atmosphere. My wife and I have stayed there on several occasions. The Brown Hotel also does a fine job at promoting bourbon. Still, for bourbons like Blanton's at $18 a pour may make sampling bourbon a little pricey (that's hotel pricing for ya hot.gif). I forgot to mention that the Maker's bar has several flights of 3 different bourbons for around $15.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.