Amusing experiment on fixing cheap vodka

sysrick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ken notes that the brita box tells us that the brita will reduce various elements which can cause

“long term liver or kidney damage". Hooray, we all think.

laugh.gif

These guys are absolutely hilarious!

Tim

VERY interesting. I am getting a Brita soon, not to make neutral alcohol more neutral, but to see if certain bourbons might benefit.

Gary

The most interesting thing to me are the comments down below the experiment....for example one had a link to a company that sells activated charcoal for use in home distilling...the web site itself cracked me up...they had women modeling the distilling equipment in a way which reminds me of the "biker babe" magazines...worth checking out... http://milehidistilling.com/

• 3 months later...

There is a product called the Gray Kangaroo that is designed to do the exact same thing. It is similar to the Brita filter, but the makers claim its filter is better for improving alcohol.

I tried the Brita on average quality vodka and found no improvement. I did find some marginal effect on whisky, it lightened the body but didn't really change the taste. I thought maybe a more, "industrial quality" filter would work better, and maybe this other system is the answer.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.