Bourbon Turkey 2004

SSBourbon1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, It is that time of year again. I have a big bag of lump charcoal, my grill ready and waiting, and the turkey defrosting in the fridge. I am going to inject the bird again this year, but with a different mix. I have a butterball turkey cause I was too late to get a fresh one. With this in mind I am not going to add any more salt than I need to.

I was thinking about injecting this year's bird with a comdinaton of Bourbon and Honey. I am just trying to think of which bourbon to use. I have narrowed it to one of several choices. They are as follows: Weller 107, Wild Turkey, Ancient Ancient Age or possilby a Rye to add some spiciness.

Let me know your thoughts on these and which you think would be the better of several good choices. Either way a drunken bird is the best bird for me on Turkey Day! toast.gif

I was thinking about injecting this year's bird with a comdinaton of Bourbon and Honey. I am just trying to think of which bourbon to use.

Wild Turkey 101, for obvious reasons.

Wild Turkey has always worked well for me in pecan pie, so why not as an injected turkey-basting?

You have a point on the Honey Liquor. I have never had it myself and I will have to look and see if the NC ABC has it as this could be a good option. Thanks for that thought.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.