Christmas Dinner, at the bottling house...

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night we celebrated the start of the "Holiday Season" with our traditional Christmas Dinner at Heaven Hill. Our work (bottling)is done. We will shut down all bottling operations for two weeks...Hopefully, our product has made it on the shelves in time for all the Christmas and New Years parties...We have put in massive amounts of overtime and a little time off is welcome news grin.gif

Maintenance works thru shut down and so does shipping...I saved one week of my vacation just for Christmas week...I worked it last year and vowed to never do it again! frown.gif

As most of ya know I take alot of pictures...Last night I tried to get a picture of everyone that works the night shift. I wanted to let folks see some of my friends who are the real "Backbone" of Heaven Hill...Well, I will admit that I missed about 20 of 'em but...I had to have a little fun too grin.gif

Everyone brought a dish...It was "open the top and that's whatcha got" kinda thing lol.gif I was one of the servers grin.gif I had a good time...Some of ya know me, some don't, but I had a comment for everyone who came thru...We laughed alot, exchanged gifts, and the Christmas Spirit was in the air grin.gifgrin.gif Just perfect grin.gif

I will try to post the rest of my pictures as soon as time permits...

This is the table with all the food...It took quite awhile to put that stuff out...Some really good Southern style homecookin'...

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

post-20-14489811748238_thumb.jpg

Blondie, was along side me as one of the servers...She also cleaned up the "Big" mess when we finished grin.gif We call her "Blondie" for obvious reasons...her real name is Sandy grin.gif Ashley (fork-truck) helped serve too...you can barely see her face in this picture---on the right---is Howard (palletizer, fork truck), Lisa (Utility) and Bobbaloo (Utility) grin.gif

post-20-1448981174863_thumb.jpg

During the dinner, I would stop serving, grab my camera, run to each table and tell everybody to smile real big cause I was gonna put thier picture on Straightbourbon.com...You can tell by the smiles on thier faces that they didn't mind at all grin.gif

From left to right...Ann (Filler) Karen (Scrambler) Barbie (Packer) Wanda (line captain) Ellis (line supervisor--super guy and a really good friend grin.gif) Nancy (Q.C.) and Tessie (tank & numbers,supervisor--another really good friend grin.gif)

post-20-14489811749228_thumb.jpg

I could not get a picture of everyone during the dinner cause they were scattered everywhere...Sooooooo...I traveled to their work area's and gathered them up for the photo's grin.gif

In this picture there are three very, very happy young ladies...Sara, Lisa H. and Melissa were three of our newest employee's grin.gifgrin.gif They have been working "seasonal" since August...at a very low rate of pay...then on the very last day before shut down the contract states that the "seasonal" have to leave and anyone over that date will be hired "full time". The best part grin.gif Thier pay rate nearly doubles when they are full time grin.gif...Heaven Hill hired 9 very happy people on Friday night grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhh...that makes the total a little over 400 employees...I am 156 in the union seniority list grin.gif

These girls work in the WLD...that is where alot of actual "hand work" is done...lots and lots of single barrels...gift box sets etc...

From left to right...Sara, Lisa H., Nancy, Melissa, Sharon, Lisa L.(utility) and Peggy...their title..."line Help" grin.gif

post-20-14489811749616_thumb.jpg

More HH folks grin.gif

Terry (Scrambler) Larry (Palletizer) Howard (forktruck, Palletizer) Sam (tank change, platform) Theresa (label machine) grin.gifgrin.gif

P.S. I just noticed this..."The Kentucky Standard" on the table grin.gifgrin.gif The very backbone to alot of my research...They (Nelson County Public Library) have that newspaper on microfilm dating back to the 1900's...Just awsome grin.gif

post-20-14489811750019_thumb.jpg

This picture is awsome... I told them why I wanted to take their picture and right before I snapped it...they hollered Jobettye!...Wait a minute!...We havta get a bottle grin.gif...

We had a good time that night grin.gif

Kathy (packer-F-line) Barbie (packer D-line)

post-20-14489811750424_thumb.jpg

This is some of the O-line folks...O-line runs about 8,000 (1.75 plastic bottle) cases in one shift. This line flat out books grin.gif

From left to right...Tonya (line help) Allen (Mechanic) Sonya (Utility) Gerard (label room) Kevin (line help) Brett (working foreman) Paulette (line Captain)

post-20-14489811777833_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of "part of the crew" that bottle the EC 12, the EW 7 yr. 750 and liter, square. They are F-line...

From left to right...Janet (line help) Schar (label machine) Jim (line captain) Shirley (line help)

post-20-14489811778249_thumb.jpg

Gotta have a picture of the "Chief"...He's the one with the Santa hat, Jerry, Superintendent of night shift bottling...

Jim is on the left...Tessie, Jerry, and grin.gif Ellis grin.gif

post-20-14489811778636_thumb.jpg

These guys load trucks all night long...Forktruck, Shipping...with the exception of B.R. (oiler and greaser) There are lots of others in shipping but I could not round all of "em up for the picture...

From left to right...Richie, Bart, Jeff, B.R., Phillip

post-20-14489811779026_thumb.jpg

My "Boss" Doug grin.gif He never knows what's going to happen when all of us (Maintenance) are "ready to roll"...He just shakes his head in disblief grin.giflol.gif He'll tell ya...There's never a dull moment around "our" shop lol.gif <font color="blue"> NMO BABY </font>

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

post-20-1448981177943_thumb.jpg

It's great to see all these pics of the HH gang in holiday cheer. Over the years, many of us here have had the good pleasure of meeting many (and partying with a few) of your coworkers. Thanks for posting the pics, Bettye Jo!

Bettye Jo,

grin.gif In person does Gerard look that much like Robin Williams? grin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

He sure does grin.gif Got that northern accent though, makes ya know he "aint" from Kentucky...He is our "Unofficial" Kentucky friends tour guide grin.gif...He takes us up in his little airplane and will fly anywhere you ask him grin.gif

Dave blush.gif

Well I'll be!...He shore nuf duz look like Al Bundy grin.gif...but he looks like Robin Williams too! smilielol.gifsmilielol.gif

There's several look alike folks that roam Heaven Hill...We have a guard who looks like Elvis grin.gif and another guy that's a dead ringer for "Radar O'Riley" on M*A*S*H grin.gifgrin.gif

another guy that's a dead ringer for "Radar O'Riley" on M*A*S*H

That's a hell of a lot better than him looking like Klinger! lol.gif

Now do me a big favor and tell me there's a girl there that looks like Christina Applegate. wink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.