15yo Jefferson Reserve?

nysquire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm looking for an E-mail address or phone number to

Mclain & Kyne Distillery. The glass decanter top pulled out of the cork on our brand new bottle, leaving the cork in the bottle. Getting the cork out at that point wasn't fun. We had to remove it in little pieces, losing some down in the bourbon. Very disappointing, seeing it's nearly $60 a bottle. More disappointing is the unavailability to contact them through their website or any contact info, except for an address. If anybody has contact info, it'd be great...

As far as the bourbon, definitely woody with a little hint of cork pulp....LOL

Drew_Kulsveen is involved in production of Jeff Reserve for Trey and Chet Zoeller, maybe a pm to him could help.

The same thing happened to me. I was pulling out the stopper, and the

cork broke off, leaving the bottom half stuck in the bottle. Luckily,

I was able to pull it out without letting any fall into the amber nectar.

I've now stoppered the bottle with a synthetic cork... it has the

charming "thunk" sound of the real thing, but none of the drawbacks.

Tim Dellinger

This talk of broken cork has caused me to wonder whether my one, not-to-be-repeated purchase of JR was similarly afflicted. The cork on the stopper of my bottle appeared to be misshapen rather than broken. However, as I look back at my tasting notes, I can't help but wonder whether the taste that I likened to wooden pencil shavings might have been due to cork fragments that I didn't notice.

Now I would like to have an experimental taste from another bottle (one purchased by someone else grin.gif ).

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

The same thing happened to me. I was pulling out the stopper, and the cork broke off, leaving the bottom half stuck in the bottle.

The exact same thing happened to me with my very first bottle of Booker's that I brought to a friend's house for New Year's Eve. Luckily he broke out a screw and somehow pulled the cork out!

This is interesting. Since I live in Louisville and am familiar with Alta Vista Road, I am a bit surprised that someone has hidden a distillery there!

Ken

I had a sip of it yesterday evening and I have to say that it is a delicious whiskey! As you might expect from a 15yo there is wood but on an acceptable level. The nose is better still : smooooth lemon underpinned by light spicy oak. Makes you glad to be alive! (My bottle is 1963 of 2400 bottles : Batch No.14).

As for chewing pencils : I haven´t indulged in this pastime since school days but I don´t remember it as a particularly pleasant experience. For some inexplicable reason you continued until it splintered in your mouth. Oh, well...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.