Fairfax County Bourbon...any info??

moogie22
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello,

I am trying to get some information on Fairfax County Bourbon, bottled in bond, from A. Smith Bowman distillery. A friend of mine has about 20 bottles and was wondering if they are of any value.

Thanks~~

Marcy

"Value," especially when it comes to rare American whiskies, is a slippery concept. Its "value" is whatever a willing buyer is willing to pay a willing seller.

A. Smith Bowman is a small distiller in Virginia, best known for its Virginia Gentleman Bourbon. The distillery was originally established, after Prohibition, in Fairfax County, Virginia, in what is now Reston. In those days it was a complete distillery. That plant closed in 1986.

In 1988 the company reopened in Fredericksburg but instead of a complete distillery, they set up a small spirit still to redistill whiskey made elsewhere, in fact in Kentucky by Buffalo Trace, which acquired Bowman about a year ago.

I don't know anything specific about this "Fairfax County Bourbon," such as whether or not it was actually made prior to 1986 at the Fairfax County plant, or if that is simply a brand name they continued to use for whiskey produced more recently at the current facility.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.