How to ruin great whiskey

swash1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wow. Somehow, they've managed to combine almost everything I can't quite stomach (no pun intended) into a single dish. That's somewhat impressive.

I feel like we're left out. Maybe we can soak some vienna sausages in Old Crow to benefit the tsunami relief efforts. Everyone who doesn't donate at least five bucks has to eat one. tongue.gif

- Jeff

Preciely so. The Scots ARE thrifty. This is happening in London, though.

And though rare, nobody is claiming this 50 year old Balvenie tastes like much more than a geriatric oak tree. Those who have tasted it haven't raved about it's complexity.

...nobody is claiming this 50 year old Balvenie tastes like much more than a geriatric oak tree...

Good call! Our sometime nemisis Jim Murray gives it a nondescript 87: "Coffee and biscuits...a noble dram battered by oak."

It's funny but I have known a number of Englishmen in my day and while all enjoyed beer or wine, and in some cases gin, rarely if ever did one state he liked whisky. When I would ask about that they would make jokes about how it is drink for Scots. smile.gif I know oceans of whisky are sold in English pubs and off-licences so someone is buying it in Albion, maybe they are, mostly, emigres from Ireland and Scotland. smile.gif

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.