Evan Williams Single Barrel

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just a quick tasting note on my EWSB '91.

Last night, I tried it again for the third time. This is probably blasphemous, but I had about 2 oz in a medium glass with about six ice cubes. And, boy, did the flavors come out! It was totally delicious, every bit as good as my EC 12, which I had quickly learned to drink on the rocks because of its firey nature.

This seems to be a pattern, for me. All of the Heaven Hill bourbons (my current bottles are EWSB '91, Elijah Craig 12-yr, and EW Black 90 proof) are much more enjoyable on the rocks. They are very dry and "thin" taken straight, but adding ice brings out their rich flavors.

I had thought that the EWSB would be of a quality for only sipping straight, but that has not proven to be so.

Just my humble opinion,

Tim

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I agree with you Tim. While I do all my serious tasting neat, I do all my serious drinking 'on the rocks'. smile.gif

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

• 1 year later...

Just this afternoon, I finished my bottle of EWSB '91. May it rest in peace. wink.gif

My wife and children are out for a while, so I looked in the cabinet. I took down my EWSB, seeing that it was almost gone. I decided to finish it. This came to a pretty large drink, probably 2 1/2 oz. I added ice cubes and settled down with a good book I have been reading, "Red Rabbit" by Clancy.

The whiskey was very good. I still note the traditional corn and rye flavors. Maybe a hint of citrus. A very satisfying drink. I wish there was more, but it is gone.

Tim

I had a bottle of this in my hand Friday and passed on it. Monday I will buy it for next weekend.

Sounds like good stuff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.