Finally bought the Blanton's!

tdyches
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would have to say that I finally bought the Blanton's on sale at my local store for $37. I could not afford not to get it this time. I will have to say that it is a decent pour, but not worth the price. I much prefer a Knob Creek or the single barrel Turkey~ Kentucky Spirit!

I know this may not be the popular opinion, but it's mine! I just don't see all the hoopla over it. smirk.gif

That's whats nice about whiskey. There are enough different types and bottlings that there's something for everyone. No point in drinking what you don't enjoy. I don't think you'll hurt anyone's feelings by not liking the Blanton's (except maybe some of the people over at BT.) I would also recommend putting it away for awhile and giving it another try under different circumstances. You never know. confused.gif

I haven't gotten around to Blanton's yet mostly because there are so many other great bourbons coming out of Buffalo Trace that I haven't felt the need to get any. There are only so many drinks in the week, and the other seven Buffalo Trace products on my shelf (not counting Van Winkle, of course) barely get the attention they deserve as it is!

I must confess - I haven't opened my Blantons bottle yet. The minature I picked up in Scotland last year was a fantastic drop and it encouraged me to buy the bigger bottle.

I tend to haord my Buffalo Trace products because I can't get them down here (except the Blantons which is found in a very small retail chain)

I wouldn't assume your opinion is contrary to that of the majority. Personally, I think Blanton's is very good but I buy it rarely because it is overpriced.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.