Eagle Rare 101

LeNell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody heard any news that BT is dropping the ER 101 to focus on the SB bottling? If this is true, and you like this one, better stock up!

I just bought an eagle rare 10 year single barrel online tonight. i looked for reviews of it on here earlier but i only found the normal 10 year old being reviewed. so the single barrel version is a new version that theyre trying to promote? new and relatively un-reviewed?

The 10 yr SB is only 90 proof I believe and comes in the same bottle as the BT Antique collection. The 101 comes in the shorter more squat bottles. The SB has been around for quite a while and several here have commented both pro and con but I can't remember whether or not an actual tasting note thread was started.

Anybody heard any news that BT is dropping the ER 101 to focus on the SB bottling? If this is true, and you like this one, better stock up!

Oh, no! I would sorely miss this if it disappears. Was this from a reasonably reliable source?

The 10 year SB has just recently become available locally (Columbia, SC) and I had a friend in NC indicate that it has become available in the ABC system there within the last couple months. Could be coincidence but it suggests a promotional push for the SB version.

Craig

My source was my Sazerac rep. I plan on stocking up. I haven't tasted these side by side. Hmmm...another excuse to drink tonight. Stay posted for notes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.