Its Keeneland Time Again

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To All,

Its springtime in The Bluegrass and that means thoroughbred racing at Keeneland. I'm having a get together at my home from 10AM to Noon. BYOB and snacky brunchy kind of food to sample. Nothing fancy this year. We can caravan to Keeneland and enjoy a day of racing. It's Maker's Mark Mile Day, so if you're an ambassador, go to the website and get your tickets for up to four attendees. You have to pay the admission fee but get a free program, reserved seating and some kind of pin or other giveaway.

If the spirit continues, its back to my place afterwards and off to the MM evening party.

If you're interested, PM me for directions and contact info.

See you there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ed and Patty for opening your home to us. It was a wonderful time, as always. Emily and I always enjoy the company of good friends.

bowdown.gif

Ed and Patty, though I missed your event this year, rest assured it was not because I in any way didn't want to come. My visit to Lexington, your house and Keeneland last year was an oft-remembered treat. But since I've planned for the Sampler in two weeks, I couldn't swing another KY trip so close. Last year, the opposite case resulted -- I missed the Sampler.

I look forward to seeing Ed, Patty, Jeff, Leslie and the many other SB.com'ers soon in Bardstown.

Leslie and I had a great time as well. You couldn't have asked for better weather or nicer hosts! My only regret was not listening to Patty's betting tips lol.gif

Thanks again Ed and Patty toast.gif

Ed,

I second what Dale said! lol.gif

You and The Patty outdid yourselves this time! The gathering prior to the Mile was wonderful (like last year). But this year, the second time really was a charm. The post-race spread was incredible, and so very welcome... yum.gif Shuckman's Bourbon salmon, Patty's incredible dip, BBQ chicken off the grill, pasta salads... Thank you so much!

I'm be coming to Lexington for some of that Olive Oil. Maybe Patty can show me where the farmer's market is... wink.gif

Thank you very, very much.

Bj

P.S. I'll give y'all a yell, if Chuck's horse runs on Oaks Day. We'll be a the track... wink.gif

Y'all are welcome. I had a long, but memorable weekend. (sometimes fuzzy memories) We love having all y'all over. Thanks to everyone for supplementing the food and drink. This is now officially a tradition.

Let's see, we've added dinner to the brunch, the only thing left is Midnight Buffet.

toast.gif

Any photos?? I never did manage to get my camera out of the case. That would require putting down my glass!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.