Woodford Reserve Stables

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I regulary read a lot of critizism here about WR. I must chime in that it is one of my favorites for many reasons. Mostly I love its flavor for that dark orange aroma that is ever so subtle. Secondly it is an easy pour and will not overwhelm your sipping experience. Lastly, it is very consistant in taste unlike some other "finer" bourbons.

I regulary read a lot of critizism here about WR. I must chime in that it is one of my favorites for many reasons. Mostly I love its flavor for that dark orange aroma that is ever so subtle. Secondly it is an easy pour and will not overwhelm your sipping experience. Lastly, it is very consistant in taste unlike some other "finer" bourbons.

I do enjoy Woodford Reserve, but consistency is not one of their strong suits... this has improved lately, but historically their bourbon has been all over the place.

...it is very consistant in taste unlike some other "finer" bourbons.

I haven't tried the latter bottlings, so maybe things have improved -- but its inconsistency is what has kept me away.

I've discovered a couple of Batch 1 bottles which were excellent. But, bottles between the onset of the Birthday Bourbons (which I believe stole 'honey' barrels away from WR) and the introduction of pot-stilled new-make bourbon were, as Mr. Briggs says, "all over the place".

If you haven't already done so, you may find it amusing (and perhaps informative in spots) to review the thread that comes up when you search on " +woodford +candy " with no restriction on the time interval.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Lastly, it is very consistant in taste unlike some other "finer" bourbons.

This is a joke, right? skep.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.