Evan Williams BIB 100 proof white label

mobourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of Evan Williams BIB with a white label in Bristol, TN. I've searched the web, but I can't find any info on it. It tastes very good. I got it for $23. Is it still being bottled? drink.gifyum.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Yep grin.gifgrin.gif

If you want to know when that was bottled...Check for a Julian date (jet printed on the front or back in very small print)---not on the bottom---This reference is used on most of the bottlings (but not necessarily all of them)

Usually numbers like...L0015...L meaining 2000 add the end number (5) to get the year...2005 grin.gif...the three digits in the middle represent the day of the year...001 would be Jan. 1st grin.gifgrin.gif----->JANUARY 1, 2005<------

So there ya have it...if it's there grin.gif Ya know the exact date it was bottled...

Bettye Jo

I picked up a bottle of Evan Williams BIB with a white label in Bristol, TN. I got it for $23. Is it still being bottled? drink.gifyum.gif

I like the EW BIB, although I think it has a slight harsh or "green" bite that I perceive intermittently - maybe based on what I've had to eat or drink on a given day - that can be offputting. Having said that, I think younger bourbon can have a liveliness that gets lost after further aging. I find the EW BIB lively in that way, with more intense flavors than many other ~4 year olds (I assume) since it is bottled at higher proof.

I'm glad you found it, although I wish it had been on the VA side of Bristol, since it sells for $11.25 in VA state stores!

Never seen that version here. And thanks, Bettye Jo, for explaining that whole number dating thing.

Thank you so much Bettye Jo! toast.gif

I really like knowing this sort of thing. I sometimes wonder why the distillers don't print this sort of information in big bold type. It would certainly be a selling point for a segment of the market. I will be looking for Heaven Hill products that were bottled in July of 2003, the month my son Joe was born, to stash away till he is old enough to sit down with his dad and sip some bourbon.

Ed

Thanks, Bettye Jo, smile.gif

That's some real useful info. The bottle I bought was bottled on Jan. 20. toast.gif

You are Welcome grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif They started using the Julian date a little over 10 years ago.

The reason? A way for the consumer to locate a (per bottle) "recall" if such occasion should happen. It's easy to track a entire case with the government serial numbers but sometimes that product might be on the shelf...The Julian date will enable the store owner or consumer to locate every bottle if such a recall should ever happen.

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.