Eagle Rare SB

sharkman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can anyone tell me why the Eagle Rare 10yr Single Barrel doesn't have a barrel statement? All the other Single Barrel bourbons I have give at least a barrel number. I have had a bottle for awhile and Ohio just started carrying it. One of the better pours for just under $23.00 here. And that's saying a lot in this state.

Never noticed that. I'm sure one of our pals at BT can answer that question for us. Ken?

I agree that it is a mighty fine SB pour and a great price to boot. Even here in expensive NYC, I have it on the shelf for $25.50.

Thats amazing that you can get it for 23 bucks over there. I saw it in a liquor store here in San Diego for 39 dollars.

I just checked the bottle i have and also found no barrel statement.

Eagle Rare 10 year old bourbon does not have a barrel statement because we have found that it really doesn't help the consumer as much as we would like. When we introduced Blanton's back in 1984, we included information relative to the warehouse (H), rick and barrel number. This way, we thought, a person could purchase another bottle from the same barrel if they found one they really liked. Well....., it seems that if you find one that really stands out, the odds are the few other bottles from the same barrel will have long since been sold before you return to the store. In addition, the bourbon used in our 10 year old single barrel will vary from 10 years to 14 years of age. If we labeled one bottle as a 14 year old, the consumer may feel cheated buying the standard 10 year old, even though the taste profile is extremely close.

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.