Something FUN to do April 15th

Bennett
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not only is April 15th, Tax Day, it’s also Lexington’s Gallery Hop! For this month’s theme “Best of the Bluegrass,†the Blue Grass Trust has chosen an exhibit that focuses attention on the history, significance and plight of the Old Taylor and Old Crow Distilleries. The show runs Friday, April 15th from 6pm until 8pm in the Hunt-Morgan Carriage House Gallery, 201 North Mill Street.

All Straight Bourbon.com members are invited to attend. Besides the main exhibit, there will be whiskey-memorabilia, and maybe a whiskey sampling (still working the details out on that part). This is an excellent opportunity to get together, share with others Kentucky’s whiskey culture, and brainstorm ways to help preserve it. Please tell your friends!

The Gallery Hop is a cooperative effort coordinated by the Lexington Arts & Cultural Center to draw the community downtown, and to cultivate an appreciation for the visual arts.

Sorry for the short notice, I just found out about this today myself! Hope to see some of you there.

Best,

Amy

Another update:

Rebecca Ruth Candy Factory is donating enough bourbon balls for 75 people, the Capital City Museum in Frankfort is loaning us some of their whiskey memorabilia, Bettye Jo is loaning us part of her Heaven Hill Exhibit (it is awesome!) and Ed is loaning some of his collection too.

I appreciate everyone's contributions, and look forward to meeting some of you locals there!

Amy

Here's a photo of Bettye Jo's exhibit space from the event. We had over 200 people show up to view the exhibit (well some may have just been there for the bourbon). More photos on the way.

post-966-14489811843966_thumb.jpg

Some of ya know my family history and some of ya don't smirk.gif For those who don't know...the big picture hanging on the wall to the left is one of the very first taken at Heaven Hill (Old Heaven Hill Springs) in the early days. My great-grandfather Joseph L. Beam (the first Master Distiller) is on the right. My grandfather Harry M. Beam (Pop Beam) is on the left...I miss him dearly...

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.