Joseph Finch on ebay

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For that seroius collector, I saw this on ebay:

Joseph Finch

Bid is at $188 with reserve not meet. It is listed from dougdog7, same as dougdog on SB?

• 2 weeks later...

The very one in the same...

Here's a picture....

Working is the curse of the drinking class.......

Best regards, doug

post-929-14489811852321_thumb.jpg

For those going to the BF this year, I found a bottle in Houston and am bringing it to the gazebo.

toast.gif

The value in this is primarily in its rarity. The whiskey is good but not spectacular. I can't look at this and its mate, Henry Clay, without sadness for the road not taken. This was conceived by Chris Morris, now Brown-Forman master distiller, when he was at UDV. The idea was to take the "orphan" barrels in UD's inventory, whiskey from defunct distilleries primarily, and bottle them as unique, limited edition products. They never got any further than these two releases because of the merger that formed Diegeo and a change in corporate direction that led to a divestment of most of the company's American whiskey products and the discontinuation of small enterprises like this one.

Still, considering its rarity, an original retail price of close to $100, and the ridiculous amounts people have paid for colored wax, I would think someone would part with a couple Franklins for it.

Chuck, Ken: Did the road end there?

Could it be some of these orphan UDV barrels ended up at Buffalo Trace and were bottled later becoming part of the antique collection (Weller 19, ER 17 etc)? The Clay/Finch combo were aged 15 and 16 yrs.

Omar

Sadly, the fate of such odds and ends usually is to get thrown into the tank for bottling as some bottom shelf brand.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.