George T. Stagg 7yo 1qt

dougdog
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just an old tax stamped bottle I found gettin' dusty on some liquor store shelf, thought I'd grab it for the bunker.

You can see the other one at the Buffalo Trace Museum, maybe Ken can post some additional information about that.

Distillation or bottling information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, doug

post-929-14489811852648_thumb.jpg

Doug, you have a look of bourbon-seekers shaking their heads at the finds you've had the last few weeks. shocked.gif

Wow!

toast.gif

I'm starting to think Doug has perfected time travel and is taunting us with tidbits from the past.... searching.gif

You can tell that one is old. When was the last time whiskey was sold by the quart?!

Doug was kind enough to donate a bottle of George T. Stagg 7 year old to our gallery musuem. When you visit the Buffalo Trace Distillery you can see this bottle, as well as other Prohibition era samples.

As for the quality of the whiskey, I still don't know. I am not about to open the only intact bottle of this 40 - 50 year old whiskey (bottled 40 - 50 years ago).

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.