Cinco de Mayo

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We'll be hosting our 10th Annual Cinco de Mayo Party on Saturday, and I am hoping ya'll can offer up some ideas on good sipping tequila for the Midnight Toast. In previous years we've had Patron, Don Eduardo, Don Julio, Triada and Cabo Wabo. All have been Reposados or Anejos. tongue.gif I'd like to try something different, but don't know what to try. What other good tequilas would anyone recommend? Would like to keep price under $50/bottle if possible, in that the food, 15 cases of Mexican beer and the margarita machine put a pretty good dent in the budget! blush.gif Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

JOE

I like the Herradura, but I'm probably the only one.

skep.gif

You're not alone Ed.......Chuck and I both like the Herradura Reposado.

Randy

I like the Centennario Anejo if you can get it and I am seeing it in more and more shops these days. Ed and Randy like the Herradura Reposado but in a side by side, I found the Centennario much more robust and bursting with agave flavor. Like busting open a pinata in your mouth. woohoo.gif

Thanks for the tip. We offered that one up and it got a terrific response. Unfortunately I couldn't find the Centennario that Dane recommended. Would have liked to have that one also. Maybe next year. We'll definately have the Herradura again though.

JOE

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.