Bourbon Families

Rughi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dear Bourbon-Brethren (Bourbanites?, Bourbanistas?),

One of the appealing aspects of reading about bourbon, beyond the wonderful flavors, is the history and integration into culture. Bettye Jo especially gives us a view into the generations of families that have been a part of that culture, and I stumbled upon a restaurant website that gives a snapshot, too. About halfway down the page under "People often ask what led up to buying the Moonlite - " is an interesting section.

They're definitely on this fall's bour-becue tour my wife and I are scheming up.

check it out:

Moonlight BBQ Inn in Owensboro

I think it's a pretty good bet that someone on this forum knows the restaurant, and maybe the people, too.

-Roger

Hi Roger grin.gifgrin.gif

I think we are Bourbonians around here grin.gifgrin.gif

Jim, has a award (every year) for one person...and it's called Bourbonian of the Year...Sooooo...We must be Bourbonians grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Bettye Jo

Hi Roger!

Yepper, been there. Owensboro has this great BBQ Festival every year. Unfortunately, it hits the same time as the Derby, and it's tuff to be in 2 places at once... banghead.gif.

Here's a few photos from a Festival from year's ago, just to give you an idea. If you 'Do the Que', Owensboro is a must stop. They specialize in mutton, and don't forget to try some Kentucky Burgoo! Sadly, I think the quality has suffered from commercialization in the last 10 years. But still a must stop!

And, a cool place to stay while you're there is the Rivermont Executive Inn.

Be sure to give a heads-up when y'all come thru. I'll point out some 'off the beaten path' 'que places, and maybe we can even sip a Bourbon or two!

Bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.