Sad state in Alabama

ratcheer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just went by the state store for the first time in a few months. I am glad my bunker is fairly well stocked, because they have close to nothing. No Russell's Reserve. No J W Dant. No Elijah Craig 12 or Evan Williams single barrel. No Ancient Ancient Age. Etc, etc.

It used to be bad, now it is much worse. The few interesting things they had, I suspect to be leftovers. Bookers. Bulleit. That's about all I can think of, off hand.

Prices were higher, too. This is depressing.

Do any of you in the spirits industry know what is going on in the Alabama ABC?

Tim

Thanks, Omar. It doesn't really bother me that other things are doing well, I just want to be able to get some variety in my bourbon choices. But, it is changing in the wrong direction.

Hell, this is the "Heart of Dixie". You would think people would drink bourbon. mad.gif

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Tim is right about the bourbon situation in Alabama. I was in Birmingham for a few days this week and visited several stores and was amazed by the sorry selections and high prices. What gives? Even Mississippi has better choices. Tim should be eligible for "Bourbon Relief" from members of this site.

I was visiting my Granny in Fort Payne, Alabama, recently to celebrate the "going wet" of my home town. Took her for her first visit to the town ABC store. The selection there was pretty darn good. There were several to chose from, some I can't even get here in NYC. Have you picked up the ALABAMA WINE & LIQUOR QUARTERLY to see what was available? I noticed JTS Brown listed and inquired, but was told it could only be sold to bar/restaurant customers. Lemme know if I can ever be of help. Our prices can be a bit high here, too, but I have family back and forth if you ever need some help getting something down your way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.