questions about BT Antique Collection

mhn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stagg:

This is released once per year, usually in the Fall right? Since it was released in the Spring this year, does this mean there will not be a Fall '05 bottling?

Sazerac Rye:

Is this a once per year release as well?

Eagle Rare 17:

I couldn't really find much info about this. Is it still currently being made?

Weller 19:

This is not made anymore? When was the last time it was bottled?

thanks for any info grin.gif

Mike

Stagg:

This is released once per year, usually in the Fall right? Since it was released in the Spring this year, does this mean there will not be a Fall '05 bottling?

No. There will be a fall bottling. The spring one this year was the oddball.

Sazerac Rye:

Is this a once per year release as well?

Eagle Rare 17:

I couldn't really find much info about this. Is it still currently being made?

Yes, and yes. These, along with the Stagg bottling, generally are released at the same time -- hence, the 'Collection' moniker -- September-ish in KY, early October elsewhere.

There were only 1,050 bottles of ER17 last fall, which is why you likely heard little about it -- it didn't stretch very far. I believe Ken has indicated that a larger bottling should be available next fall.

Weller 19:

This is not made anymore? When was the last time it was bottled?

No -- it basically was replaced by the George T. Stagg, though I think both were produced in 2002. I saw several bottles on a shelf last month at $225 each. So, it's still available here and there -- if you call that available.

it basically was replaced by the George T. Stagg,

A damn fine trade off there! Don't shed any tears for missing Weller 19, it was a fair value at the original price point, VanWinkle 20 year, even the 15 year are a hell of a lot better Bourbons.

I have W L Weller 19yo that has a bottling date of summer 2000...I don't know of an earlier one than that...I think Y2K was the first release...I understand that there were only three releases of the Weller 19yo....Ken or Julian might know for sure.

dog

The current release of Stagg was honestly a fluke. We just found some barrels that got lost the shuffle and we liked the taste and decided to release them as Stagg (since they were over 15 years old and represented a different flavor profile than earlier vintages). The Sazerac Rye and Eagle Rare 17 will come out in August/September. Hopefully, we will have more this year than last!

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.