I am vexed by George T !

Rughi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bourbanites,

Be forewarned, there is no redeeming value in this post...

I read so much about how the good folks in the heart of bourbon-drinking territories plot and scramble and count out the days to procuring their next Stagg allotment. Well, just tonight I saw 3 bottles of 2004 and 3 bottles of Spring 2005, just sitting on the shelves, with noone to love them. These sell at a good pace in these stores (I think each store puts out 3 or 4 bottles each week), but they don't sell at the Springsteen-tickets-in New Jersey-speed that they warrant.

I've already adopted 2 bottles of each vintage, and I'm neither especially greedy nor overmuch a hoarder, so I'm holding off buying more, but... you know, I just think I'll look back at this time as my dad does about his '65 GTO he sold to his brother for $300 back in '71. When my brother and I were teenagers, not a day went by that we didn't shame him for how easily he let the coolest of musclecars get away, and how it came to an ugly end in a ditch a few weeks later at the hands of my aunt (whom dad still probably harbors a grudge against).

Sorry, no moral in this story, just turpitude.

-Roger

I had a woman in New York recently send us 3 bottles of Stagg, Sazerac Rye, and Eagle Rare 17. She asked that we get Elmer to sign them for her. I offered to get not only Elmer's signature, but our current Master Distiller Gary Gayheart's, and our MD in training, Harlen Wheatly's. She quickly agreed and all three have signed and the bottles have been returned. Her motivation? She said she has a daughter (2 years old I believe) who will be going to college in about 15 - 16 years and she will sell these rare bottles with even rarer signatures. Will they pay for a college education? I don't think so, but who knows......

When the young girl finally goes to college, Elmer will be 101 years old! He and I will have to drink a toast to her at that time!

Ken

At the rate the price of college is going up, they might be able to buy a book or two with those.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.