Black Maple Hill

bulldawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody know much about these bourbons? Can't find much info on them, other than you can get them in 11, 14, 16, and 21 yr versions. Apparently distributed by CVI Brands out of California (whoever that is). Any comments appreciated.

Yea, I did the search function, but it didn't yield those or any other pertinent results. Thanks for the info.

CVI Brands, Inc.

Owner: Paul Joseph

San Carlos, CA

650-595-1768

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a bottle of BMH 11yr. I liked it quite a bit. I picked it up in Colorado for $35.00. Although thoroughly enjoyable, I do prefer Pappy 12yr, which hovers around the same price.

Tim,

Did you ever have 2 or 3 of these years back-to-back? I was just wandering what the aging differences would produce in these, besides escalating price. usflag.gif

Last Bourbon Fest we had at least two maybe three on the table at the Gazebo. I brought the 21, someone else I believe the 14 or 16 and my fuzzy memory of the night says that all were excellent. I thought the 21 wasn't near as woody as I expected but others later said they found a lot of barrel in it. The 14 I have is superb and I rate it up with the Van Winkles in my book.

The 16yo that I have open is maybe the single best bourbon ever put into a bottle, IMHO yum.gif

In my limited and somewhat inexperienced opinion the Lawernceburg 16 year old was the best bourbon I've ever had. In fact, the 16 yo Lawernceburg version got me hooked on bourbon. I went through two bottles before finding out the source, Van Winkle, changed and now I'm left with one or two pours left. banghead.gif I doubt I'll ever find one again. frown.gif

Drink it tonight and put it out of it's misery. It'll be less painful that watching it sit there and suffer cry.gif

I have plans to drink it in the near future on a special occasion, but in the meantime it's well kept in a nice dark spot in the very back of my bunker. It will have its day. Has anyone compared the 16 yo Lawernceburg to the newer Bardstown?

I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer the Bardstown bottling of this particular age.

Does anyone know if these bourbons are available outside the USA? I'm dying to get my hands on some crazy.gif

What cask number is your bottle? I have a #128 and it's pretty darn nice. I have also seen a #127 but can't decide whether to buy it or not...

TIA,

-monte-

I've had the Lawrenceberg 16yo and the Bardstown 14yo. Both are (were) excellent bourbons, although quite different from one another.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.