Milwaukee store

Sloop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This weekend I was in Milwaukee sailing on the lake for the weekend. They have a very nice liquour store called "Discount liquor". They have a very nice selection of bourbons and I scored my first bottle of Elijah Craig 18 yr old.

So far--an excellent choice.

It was tough, they a quite a few good choices for not bad prices.

Congrats on your find! EC18 seems to be a love it/hate it sort of bourbon. I love it, but only when paired with a nice cigar, otherwise it can seems very woody and minty. Post some notes in the tasting forum and let us know what you think toast.gif

Sloop - Having moved from The Green Bay area I can attest to the niceness of the "Discount Liquors" stores. There is another one in the suburbs. This is just the sort of liquor store that I miss here in PA. Knowledgeable staff who were always eager to help. Especially in finding something that wasn't too far out but just didn't happen to be on the shelves. Many a trip was made after I got a long distance phone call alerting me that something on my "wishlist" had come in.

Like I said I really miss that. No offense to any PA store employees but that is why I usually walk out of the state stores in such frustration. It's just a ridiculous way to run a business. (Sigh) confused.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.