Evan Williams '94

tmas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was in a local store today and picked up a bottle of the EV '94 which I've read a lot about on the site. I didn't realize it was single barrel, and when I checked the bottles on the shelf I found there were bottles there from 3 different barrels, which were barreled on different dates, and bottled in June, July, and November of '94. When I compared the bottles it seemed to me that the June bottling had a bit deeper color so that's the one I chose. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone out there ever had the opportunity to taste this bourbon from several different barrels and if an appreciable difference was found. Tom V

One of the remarkable things to me about the Evan Williams Single Barrel offerings is that Parker and Craig Beam managed to vary the bottling year-to-year, yet maintain commendable consistency within a given year. I've found there is little more variations among EWSB samplings than there are from among different batches of the standard bottlings.

Well,Tim,I am actually very happy to hear that,this way I won't find myself becoming preoccupied with comparing one barrel to the next! I find my bourbon children are multiplying fast enough as it is! Tom V

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.