Evan Williams Ceramic Jug

tmas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In my wanderings through numerous liquor stores looking for new and/or interesting bourbon finds, I've only run across the Evan Williams in the Ceramic Jug in one store. I've seen it pictured on the site but can't find any discussion of it when I do a search, is that because there is nothing unique about it except for the jug? Tom V

It's good whiskey at a good price. But there is nothing particularly rare or valuable about it -- other than the aforementioned opinion.

I don't think it's marketed everywhere, but widely enough to not be unique.

It's called Evan Williams Master Distillers Select. It's excellent bourbon. It' sorta the "official" bourbon at the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center grin.gif You can buy this cute little jug in a 375 size..."personalized", with a "colar medallion" that is placed on shoulder of the jug. You can put you name on it, or use it to mark a occasion...wedding gift, with the bride and groom's name and date...etc...

Bettye Jo

I am travelling soon to St. John's, Newfoundland for a conference and a friend who travels there often told me the jug is available in the Provincial liquor store system. Distribution seems fairly wide but somewhat scattered, as I rarely see this item even in the U.S.

Gary

Isn't that the same whiskey as in the Evan Williams 7 year old bottle, Bettye Jo?

Gary

Gary,

You should love this one...It's the 7 year and the 10 year mixed together grin.gif

Bettye Jo

Of course he could also be seeing one of the older jugs from the 80s like I found recently on a dusty shelf that is destined to spend its days on a world famous sideboard in New Haven. Did it have a cork and paper seal or white wax sealing it is my question...

Well thanks for the imput all! Sounds sufficiently unique and tasty that I think I'll go back and buy one! Tom V

You should love this one...It's the 7 year and the 10 year mixed together grin.gif

Hey, Bettye Jo! Given it's relatively "official" status at the center as well as the name - "Master Distiller's Select" - is there a story behind who decided to mix the 7 & 10 year and why?

We like this version of EW, but it only shows up on the shelf here in VA sporadically. Last jug we saw was in November 2004. Haven't ever tried ordering, but it sounds like it's not scarce in KY by any means, eh?

Say, Bettye Jo...just for kicks, if someone wanted to try to create their own MDS at home, do you have a sense of how much 7 year and how much 10 year old whiskey is in there, IE, the proportions for the "recipe?"

As always, thanks for the nifty insider info! toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.