Any decent Bourbon Specimens in China?

pete_d
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My Girlfriend will be in China in a few days and I was wondering if there's anything decent or exotic to pick up? She said she'd be willing to pick up a bottle or two, provided they're easily accessible. Since they're not available anywhere in Australia, id love to be able to get hold of any of the Buffalo Trace Bottlings, such s the BT, ERSB RHF or Stagg. Otherwise is Kentucky Spirit, Tribute, or OGD114 anything else non-Beam or JD availible in China?

Ta

I've never heard of anything available in the China market.... They might have WT Freedom if there's a DFS.

Is she doing a stopover anywhere?

That might be your best chance unless someone else knows differently.

I just got back yesterday, and there is not much there. Duty free is going to be your best bet, and other than Blantons and WT products there is not much to be had. Unlike Japan, China has not discovered Bourbon yet. It is all Cognac, and "Chinese White Wine" which is a vile 38% alcohol product that tastes like lighter fluid.

Not really, although Chinese whiskey can be a trip if you can get ahold of the good stuff (it's aged in clay jars!)

Well, it probably won't be long until there are 50 Chinese distilleries, with the latest world class production equipment, making 800 gazillion barrels of very high quality bourbons....then sending them all over to us at $1.99/litre. Not necessarily a good thing. But hey, we'll be selling the American white oak for their barrels. soapbox.gif

JOE

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.