What will $114 buy you at a WA State Liquor store?

BrbnBorderline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How about two 1.75 liter bottles of Weller Antique, and a bottle of ER Single Barrel!! woohoo.gif

Man, I could have dropped a bundle in there - they had:

Pappy 20

Hirsch 16

OGD 114

WT Rye

Weller Centennial

BT

Blanton's

EC 18

and a bunch of others I forget.

Anyway, my stash was getting low, but now I'm set for a while. BTW, the ERSB is a Father's Day gift for my Dad. It has quickly become his favorite.

toast.gif

Yes! Looks like they are carrying alot of Special Order bourbons woohoo.gif

toast.gif

Having just returned from a week in Seattle, I was shocked at the state of affairs when it comes to buying spirits. The prices were high and the selection woeful. Yes, "store" #4 did have a few more bourbons than the other "stores," but still, are you kidding me? The notion of "control" smacks of a kind of moral policing that seems anachronistic, anti-capitalist and completely out of place in the 21st century. I also visited store #9 in Wallinford and one somewhere in Ballard called #136. I love Seattle and probably will be moving there in the next few years. All I can say is thank god for Binny's & Sam's.

Having just returned from a week in Seattle, I was shocked at the state of affairs when it comes to buying spirits. The prices were high and the selection woeful. Yes, "store" #4 did have a few more bourbons than the other "stores," but still, are you kidding me? The notion of "control" smacks of a kind of moral policing that seems anachronistic, anti-capitalist and completely out of place in the 21st century. I also visited store #9 in Wallinford and one somewhere in Ballard called #136. I love Seattle and probably will be moving there in the next few years. All I can say is thank god for Binny's & Sam's.

Yeah, but technically, it is illegal to buy spirits from out of state WITHOUT prior permission from the Liquor Control Board and paying the taxes.

banghead.gif

But only if you get caught.

toast.gif

I'll make a trip down to that store this weekend.

Been a few weeks since I stopped in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.