Question: ORVW, 10 YO 90 Proof - Lawrenceberg

jsgorman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I know the higher octane gets the hurrahs around here, but is there any benefit to purchasing a Lawrenceburg edition of the 90 proof? Is there a marketed difference between the old and the new?

The Lawrencebergs were bottled at SW. To me they are a little better, just a tad. Enjoy!

I believed you mean "distilled at", not "bottled at". They were bottled by Julian's former operation at the erstwhile Old Commonwealth Distillery, from which they get the Lawrenceburg designation. (Stitzel-Weller was/is in Louisville.)

Can someone update me here? ORVW 10yo 107 is my main bourbon and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

My liquor shops carry the ORVW 10YO 90 -- Not the 107.

I found some bottles that were Lawrenceberg and wanted some feedback.

Can someone update me here? ORVW 10yo 107 is my main bourbon and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

There are 2 versions of the ORVW 10 year old. A 90 proof and a 107 proof. The Lawrenceberg bottling is older and more likely to be Stitzel-Weller bourbon. It seems the majority of people prefer the older Lawrenberg bottlings in a head to head taste test but the Frankfort bottles are very good also.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.