New York Times - Following the Fences in Bluegrass

Joe_Blowe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

http://travel2.nytimes.com/2005/07/22/travel/escapes/22road.html?pagewanted=all

Miles of low fences line the winding, two-lane roads of the Bluegrass in north central Kentucky and dissect its rolling green horse farms, where magnificent thoroughbreds rest near pristinely painted barns. Now and again, the fences break for a leafy lane leading to an age-old bourbon distillery with doors open for a tour and a tipple. Then they lead away to a quaint 19th-century town, a quintessential country inn or a serene Shaker village.

These magical fences, made of wood or of stones stacked long ago by slaves and Scots-Irish settlers, take you back in time and away in space. But you'll be brought back soon enough by an old Kentucky home where modern hosts serve up Southern charm and distinctly American food and drink.

P.S. If you are asked to register to view the article, use http://bugmenot.com/ to get your "anonymous" login and password...

Hey Joe,

Cool link from the Times.

And thanks for the link to BugMeNot! Loved that!

Bj

If you use Firefox as a browser, you can download an extension that will integrate bugmenot into browser as a right click menu item.

Wade,

you can download an extension that will integrate bugmenot into browser as a right click menu item

Yeehaw! I'm lovin' that!

And while we're talking about websites, I know this is off topic but I gotta tell you, I love your's! My daughter is a dinkwad... lol.gif And, there's been a couple of times I wanted to slug a 'caller'...

Pretty cool.

Bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.