Best Looking Bottles

ripvanfan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Much time is devoted to talking about the best tasting bourbons in the world on this website. As an offbeat subject, what do people think are the neatest looking bottles ever made. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the old ORVW squat bottles. I also like the Blanton's bottle quite a bit.

I'm partial to the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon bottles, myself. They often get comments when people are looking at my collection.

For elegance: the stenciled, straight-sided, tall Antique Collection bottles from Buffalo Trace.

For conveying a sense of outdoorsy historicity bespeaking bourbon: Again, Buffalo Trace, on its eponymous bottling.

For universal functionality: As Clayton mentions, OFBB's impossible-to-spill bottle, which had a predecessor of an earlier Kentucky Tavern sea-captain's decanter of similar shape.

I agree with Tim. The Rock Hill Farms bottle is the one that seems to get the most comments from friends.

For elegance: the stenciled, straight-sided, tall Antique Collection bottles from Buffalo Trace.

I personally like the Blantons bottles. Family & friends often comment on the Elijah Craig 12yo bottle.

I like the Ridgemont Reserve - 1792 bottle. It looks more like a decanter than a bottle.

Joe usflag.gif

Everyone has chosen some unique and classy bottles. I also like the Ridgemont bottle. Another is the Four Roses Single Barrel.

I think there are a bunch that haven't been nominated yet:

1. WT Ky Spirit which is reminiscent of a gobbler in full strut...

2. Old Pogue whose elegance only gives way to it's instability due to the small base.

3. WR for much of the same except that it reminds me of a tombstone...

4. JR and EC 18 that look like oversized perfume bottles

but my personal favorite has to be EW Distiller's Select earthenware jug for that nostalgic feel.

Of what I've seen, I love the look of the EC18 and the Blanton's bottle a lot. The WR bottle looks unique in the fact that it's highly flat and wide. A haven't seen them in the flesh but the BT antiques and even the regular BT bottle looks highly classy.

and perhaps it's due to the fact that I love it's contents, but the Baker's 7 bottle and logo looks really bold and trendy.

Great subject for a post!

I'm going to vote for the Cream of Kentucky bottle as the number one pick. Very fancy glass for the period.

Then the Bulleit retro.

Then, last but not least, I've got to side with Tim, the Kentucky Tavern "Captains Quart" Sea-Decanter is also grand.

BTW, I'd just love to get my hands on a KT "Captains Quart" sea decanter, with or without contents.

Best regards, doug

Four Roses singel barrel and Jim Beam rye.

The Jim Beam Rye with the bright yellow label? That's one of the bottles that I try to hide in the back of the shelf! lol.gif

All great choices. I'll cast my vote for the Jefferson's Reserve. Similar to the 1792. Not as cool as 1792 with it's heavy glass bottom but it would make a great flask (I have big pockets!)

Cheers,

Ken

I'll go with the Bulleit bottle--very unique. But the Four Roses SB and the Rock Hill Farms bottles are also real eye-catchers.

I got to go with the ORVW squats(preferably full of 15yo)

Rock hill is nice as well and EC 18yo.... toast.gif

OF Birthday and Blanton's are nice...

But most importantly as long as it's great bourbon

they can ship it to me in a milk jug!!!!

Of the bottles in my collection, none receives more comments than Bulleit Bourbon. It has a very unassuming look to it, nothing complex.

That is a mighty pretty bottle from WT that I've never seen personally. It's hard to beat the overall packaging of the WT Tribute and the JB Distiller's Masterpiece ranks high on my "pretty bottle" list.

For total package I would give my vote to Distillers Masterpiece 20 yr old, followed closely by WT Tribute.

IW Harper 12 yr old wins best perfume looalike bottle.

BT another great bottle winner for the cheaper range of bourbon, great bottle great bourbon grat price. yum.gif

Pappy Van Winkle range just classy & winner of the best label, love the old style label linking present to the significance of the past. bowdown.gif

Best stand alone bottle my old nemisis WT 17 YR, still yet to harpoon one. searching.gifbanghead.gif

Several favorites have been mentioned, but no one has said a good word for the upright bottle with scalloped shoulders that OGD BIB fills. Lots don't like the labeling (I do), but it's an elegant bottle. I also like the way the neck of an EWSB fits my hand. Don't like square.

Bob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.