Pure glass by Maison du whisky

kbuzbee
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've enjoyed reading all the opinions offered here on the variety of glassware. While I also have several of these (nosing glass from the SMWHC tour, reidel tulip glass, some mini sniffters that came with an anjeo tequila) my daily glass is the freebie Wild Turkey included with their Rare Breed a few years back. I like both the feel and size of this glass and it seems to do a nice job with the aromas as well.

But during my reading here I saw several mention the pure glass. I looked on line but couldn't find any non-french sites to even check this thing out. Any personal recommendations and/or local sites that sell this??

Thanks

Ken

Thanks Tim. Doesn't look like it's in the cards.... Oh well, it's probably mucho euro anyway....

Cheers,

Ken

Tim, I emailed them. The reply was the pure glass is not available in the USA.

c'est finis, n'est pas??

Cheers,

Ken

Well, I went and looked at the Reidel O series. They are SO THIN walled..... It's felt like I was holding a piece of origami or something..... They also had a set of the Schott Zwiesel cask aged titanium crystal:

http://www.schott-zwiesel.de/produkte/collection/top_ten_e.htm

They look and feel great.... Gonna try them tonight......

Cheers,

Ken

That's what I expected seeing the price on that French site at, what? 33euro?? Something like that.... Add shipping of $12?, $15??? Adds up to alot.

Tried the schott-zwiesel top ten glass last night... Very nice. Feels good in the hand. Holds about ten ounces, but filled to the wide part I'd say it's only about 3 oz, compared to 4 oz in my Rare Breed glasses. Close though....

Started with a Scotch, Laphroaig 10. This Scotch has a HUGE nose that always reminds me of my days working offshore. Interestingly this glass seemed to tame that nose some. It fit my hand very well and was a very comfortable drink. Even though the nose seemd diminished the flavor was as good as this Scotch has ever tasted.

Next I poured some Jeffereson's Reserve. One of my favorite smelling Bourbons. This time the glass brought home the boquet wonderfully. Full, robust wood and carmel.... Hmmmmm.... The taste was just as complete. This is a terrific glass for JR!!! I'll have to try a couple different bottles tonight.

Anyway, aside from the lessening of the nose of the Laphroaig this is a wonderful glass. Highly recommended. (Looks like I may be retiring my WTRW glass.)

Cheers,

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.