Birthday Bourbon Redux

Barrel_Proof
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The evening after Bobby treated me to that 90 proof Louisville Cabin Still and only hours after the Boones surprised me with an 80 proof Louisville Cabin Still, I was invited to Ed & Patty Phalen's place in Lexington for tasty hors d'oeuvres and a fabulous salmon dinner. Jeff and Leslie Yeast were also guests.

After clearing the table, Ed brought out a Phalanx of Birthday Bourbons. The original 1989/2002 bottling is still the class of the line-up in my opinion -- a perfectly balanced rye-flavored bourbon without a single off-note in the orchestra. It's a fine bourbon. As for that disappointing 2005 offering, I will heed the advice of Thumper's Father and "say nothin' at all."

Many thanks to the Ed and Patty for their hospitality. Fine food, great bourbon, and even better company!

That was a nice time indeed toast.gif Ed and Patty were wonderful hosts, as usual. Regarding the bourbons, my favorite of the lineup is the fall offering of two years ago, followed closely by the original yum.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.