Old Fitzmelon

CrispyCritter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night, I was enjoying a slice of watermelon with some of my Old Fitzgerald BIB. I found that the flavors complemented one another quite well! Anyway, tonight, I decided to try a little experiment. Since the melon in question was very juicy, I saved the juice after finishing the slice, and poured it into a highball glass, abut 2/3 full, and then poured in a generous shot of Old Fitz.

yum.gifyum.gif

Mmmmmm. Sublime... and I just said I wasn't a cocktail drinker?! smile.gif

Especially the nice lady who owns a primo liquor store! smile.gif

LeNell, I know I speak for Dane and all of us when I say it is always a pleasure to see you and your other half at Gazebo, we hope you can make it despite the staffing issues you mentioned.

Gary

I haven't actually tried mixing them but I have been enjoying watermelon and bourbon together. I was thinking of spiking a watermelon with bourbon. I have heard of it being done with vodka, but have never tried it.

Ed

We recently did a bourbon spiked watermelon with a splash of Luxardo Maraschino. I threw in some raisins soaked in gin for a nice fruit salad. OK, just another excuse to eat alcohol instead of just drink it. yum.gif

What bourbon did you use? I was using slices of watermelon as a 'chaser' to some Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year 90 proof tonight. Went really well together.

Ed

Thanks tlsmothers

Unfortunately I have never heard of Bellow's, well, I think I have seen the name here on SB.com a few times. Next time I sip some bourbon while eating watermelon I will try something different. Still, the ORVW 10 year 90 proof was wonderful and so was the watermelon. I subscribe to the theory that says you should always use the best ingredients you can acquire. (Not that I actually mixed them together) The only reason I would not use something as an ingredient is if I valued it very highly on its own and if I could not easily replace it due to availability or price. Of course, if the thought of that lovely ORVW being drunk while eating watermelon makes you want to tear out your hair and weep, don't try it! Oh, and please try to forgive me...

Ed:)

Oh, now, I ain't tearing out my hair thinking about that one! toast.gif Whatever floats ya boat. As Fred Noe loves to say, "My dad always said if you want to mix your Booker's with Coke, there ain't nothin' wrong with it. It'll just be the best damn bourbon and Coke you ever had."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.