Pappy 20

Rancastle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Next few months would be more like it. It's a process thing....quite frustrating actually when you get to watch it being bottled from your laptop!

Is this stuff still SW bourbon?

Only Julian knows for sure, but it is possible for it to be SW til 2012 or a little after. SW stopped distilling in 1992, and as you know they can use an older but not younger bourbon than what the label says. It would follow, however that if it aged longer by very much to simply hold it back and make Pappy 23 out of it, if it was good enough. That would make 2015 the end of SW for the 23 year bottling.

I was told that shortly after Jim Beam lost the warehouse in Bardstown that they bought the remaining SW stock, minus a lot that Julian picked out. I have to wonder why they would need Wheat or what they would do with it, but the eventual buyout of Makers, if it happens, could give them an opportunity to put it to good use. The image of it all being used as stretcher or for blends makes me cringe.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.