BOTM poll

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

September BOTM should be:  

2 members have voted

1. 1. September BOTM should be:

• Wild Turkey Rare Breed
    • Buffalo Trace

...My understanding is VOB is the number one selling Bourbon in Ky and almost unavailable outside Ky...but, that RR1792 is very similar (haven't seen VOB so can't affirm that)

VOB is available in Tennessee in 80, 86, 90 and 100 (BIB) proofs, in all sizes.

Frankly, I find it kinda ordinary, and not like Ridgewood (the only bottle I have open) Reserve at all, which I do like (though not love). Bill Friel, Barton's retired master distiller who 'designed' RR1792, told me at the Festival last year that RR is a marriage of three different mashbills -- only one of which could be VOB.

...My understanding is VOB is the number one selling Bourbon in Ky and almost unavailable outside Ky...but, that RR1792 is very similar (haven't seen VOB so can't affirm that)

VOB is available in Tennessee in 80, 86, 90 and 100 (BIB) proofs, in all sizes.

Frankly, I find it kinda ordinary, and not like Ridgewood (the only bottle I have open) Reserve at all, which I do like (though not love). Bill Friel, Barton's retired master distiller who 'designed' RR1792, told me at the Festival last year that RR is a marriage of three different mashbills -- only one of which could be VOB.

Thank for clarifying, Tim. Makes sense to me. AND - I like RR1792 very much!

Cheers,

Ken drink.gif

Only a few days left in the BOTM poll. Put in your vote for Baker's now! lol.gif

With 26 votes each, Wild Turkey Rare Breed and Buffalo Trace have tied for first place. For the next 24 hours we'll hold a run-off competition to determine the September BOTM. Please choose 1:

Jeff,

I was sure that Baker's would be the winner. My quarter-full bottle has been calling out to me ever since the voting started.

Because there's so little left, I've been saving it for BOTM and resisting the temptation to finish it off. Now I will probably succumb.

grin.gif Can I go to court and demand a recount? What about hanging chads, long lines and people who forgot to vote; don't people who can't follow instructions have a right to be heard? On second thought, let's not recount all the votes. Let's exclude Lawerenceburg and Franklin County. Focus on finding the missing votes from Clermont; I know that if we keep looking, we'll find them. How dare the other side try to steal this election? grin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!